Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Amanda is Going to be a Mommy!

I'm back tracking a little bit because we had Amanda's baby shower before I left for the babymoon but I wanted to make sure I was filling everyone in!  Two of Amanda's good friends from up in Northport (Carolyn Heidrich Ziebarth and Kasey Kruse Wakefield...you have to include their maiden names or no one knows who they are!) decided to throw Amanda a shower in Chicago and were so gracious to allow me to pitch in.  Kasey and I did a lot of the planning from Indianapolis and it was a lot of fun going to pick out invites, cupcakes, favors!  We drove up to Chicago on Friday evening and stayed with Carolyn since she was hosting the shower and managed to eat delicious Chicago pizza while making food for the next day.  Usually when I visit Chicago I stay with family so while I was SO thankful for Carolyn's hospitality in letting Kasey and I crash at her gorgeous home it was definitely weird to be in Chicago and in a new place!

Saturday morning Kasey and I woke up bright and early and managed to get all our errands done before it turned 90 degrees outside.  We only had to go around the block a few times since neither of us know the Lincoln Park area as well as we used to (those damn 6 way intersections really screw with you).  We put together a spread of chicken salad sandwiches, smoked salmon sandwiches, veggies, fruit, cheese (of course), champagne, punch, you name it!

Of course Amanda was late for her own shower, but in all fairness her friend Michaela was in town from St. Louis with her beautiful little boy Parker and they had to drive all the way from the boonies where Amanda lives :)  Here are a few pictures from the shower, and you'll notice that unfortunately my mom and the soon to be FIRST time grandma is missing!  My grandmother went into the hospital 2 days before the shower and because my mom is up there taking care of her she wasn't able to leave and come down.  We were all very bummed that she wasn't there but she'll be there when it counts in just a few short weeks!!

Here are the two preggos (we actually had two other preggos at the shower as well)!

 


















All the fun gifts!  We all pitched in and got Amanda her stroller which she was very excited about.

Good Friends!

This is everyone who came to the shower that spends their summer in Michigan :)

Kasey was so good with the video!

The Wielands!
You can't tell but there are actually three people pregnant in this picture!  My cousin Lauren (in the black dress) is 20 weeks pregnant and I swear to you she did NOT look like she wasn't pregnant at all!  I should also mention the cute little peanut in the picture on my cousin Melissa's hip is Amanda's friend Michaela's baby Parker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment