Wednesday, June 22, 2011

24 Weeks Belly Update

We are officially 6 months pregnant this week!  I went to our 24 week doctor appointment today and everyone seems to be healthy and growing properly. 


How Far Along: 24 weeks
Size of baby: I just got my update so I can inform you that baby is the size of an ear of corn :) (almost a foot long) and has gained 4 ounces since last week making him over a pound now!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm actually not sure this time around
Maternity Clothes: Now that it's getting so warm out I'm sticking to cotton dresses mostly to stay cool and comfortable :)
Movement: The little man is QUITE the mover and shaker!  He's getting so big I can sometimes feel an arm on one side of my tummy and a foot on the other side.  He's also getting big enough that now after I eat and he gets all rowdy I can see him moving under my shirt...it's very bizarre to see your stomach jumping around!
Sleep: The past few days haven't been my best sleeping days.  I'm finding that I'm not able to stay asleep at night, but I think that's baby just preparing me for late night feedings.  I sleep with a pillow under my head, one between my knees, one behind my back, and a feather comforter to hug...all together that's a LOT of separate things in the bed just so I can be comfortable.  To minimize all of the stuff in our bed I ordered a pregnancy body pillow and I'm very excited for it to come so I can try it out :)
Symptoms: The weirdest symptom I'm experiencing at this point is that my belly button is starting to pop out!  I never thought it would happen because I usually have a deep belly button but it's starting to come out and it freaks Dane out.  Other than the belly button and the big tummy we aren't experiencing too many other symptoms at this point.
What I miss: I miss being able to bend over and shave my legs comfortably in the shower...
Cravings: Still nothing specific yet
Best Moment this week: This week hasn't been very eventful, but I would say the best moment was when Dane put his head on my belly and the baby kicked him in the head!


One more HUGE update is that Dane and I finally got our stuff together and booked a Babymoon!  We are going to Tulum Mexico for 5 nights and we cannot wait to get down there to lay on the beach and relax for a few days.


1 comment:

  1. Lookin good lady!! BY the way, will you send me your new address???

    ReplyDelete