Saturday, April 23, 2011

Impromtu Trip to Chicago

My grandmother had the brilliant idea that she wanted to make a trip down to Chicago to see my cousin Jason's children (Holden 3 and Billie 6 months).  The only problem with my grandmother's brilliant idea was that my Aunt Abby was flying into town all the way from Connecticut (flying through Chicago), so unfortunately she didn't come up with her idea soon enough for my Aunt to adjust her travel plans.  Either way, they made the 6 hour drive on Wednesday down to the big city. 

I was sitting in my office frustrated at the situation because I never get to see my family and OF COURSE they choose to travel to Chicago in the middle of the week when I have to work.  We have been on a strict deadline at work, but it just so happened that I had all of my work done and was just sitting in my office twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do.  I finally decided to send my boss an email to ask if he minded me taking the rest of the afternoon off as well as Thursday so I could go see my family.  Thank god my boss is amazing because I was on the road 20 minutes after getting his go ahead.

My whirlwind trip involved family time, snuggling babies, building blocks, and good food!  Not only that I got to spend time with my sister who is 23 weeks pregnant and my mother who is MORE than excited to become a first time grandmother.  Everyone keeps asking to see pictures of Amanda's growing belly because she hasn't shown many so I managed to grab one in the dressing room while shopping!


Thursday afternoon while resting my mom put her hand on Amanda's belly and was kicked by the little girl growing in there!  We are hoping that she sends pictures after her 3d ultrasound in a few weeks so we can see what the little one looks like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment