Thursday, April 28, 2011

16 Week Update!

Dane and I went to the doctor this morning for our 16 week appointment and met with the nurse practitioner who is quite possibly the nicest woman in the entire world.  It was a quick and harmless appointment but the most exciting part was that they were FINALLY able to catch the little swimmer in there to hear the heart beat!  The past two appointments we have had ultrasounds because they couldn't find the heartbeat (which is always a little nerve wracking) but today they found the little bugger and we could hear the heart beat which just makes me smile every time! 

Some of the unpleasant side effects of pregnancy have been effecting me this week and the nurse practitioner wasn't so happy with me.  Without getting too graphic I will tell you that my digestion system has slowed down immensely this week and the doctor gave me some over the counter solutions which will hopefully help out.  Once I get that situation taken care of I'll update the blog with a 16 week belly picture :)  Good news is even with my very slow digestion this week (it's been 3 days) I only gained 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks.  I know there is a human growing inside of me and I'm supposed to gain weight but I'm taking pride in not gaining too much too quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment