Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prenatal Chiropractor

For those of you that know me, I've seen a chiropractor since I was a kid because I had scoliosis.  I've continued to see one (on and off) throughout my adult life because I have ribs that will go out from time to time and general aches and pains in my neck and back that I need addressed.  I've been pretty uncomfortable the past few weeks (hip was out of place as well as a few ribs), but wanted to wait until 12 weeks to see anyone for fear that something bad could happen.  After talking to my OB (my first OB that is now no longer because she is moving to Africa), she informed me that she did not believe in chiropractic while pregnant and suggested I see a physical therapist.  I don't know about you, but I don't know any physical therapist that can get 3 ribs back into place, a hip in place, and push a vertabrae in my neck back in place...needless to say I did NOT follow her instructions.  I did my research and found a chiropractor here in the Indianapolis area that specializes in prenatal clients as well as pediatric! 

My first visit was yesterday and I am absolutely thrilled that I went because I feel SO much better!  By seeing a chiropractor once a month throughout my pregnancy (and more frequent as I get bigger) I can help maintain my spine and the pressure that will be put on it as my belly gets bigger.  Not only that, but seeing a chiropractor throughout pregnancy can allow for a quicker and easier delivery (ummm YES PLEASE)!  They can turn breach babies without actually touching the baby and help you to avoid c-sections, as well as all kinds of other things.  Needless to say, I am a complete believer and so excited to continue seeing her.  I'll let you all know later if that claim of "quicker and easier delivery" really actually stands up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment