Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Week Belly Update


How Far Along: 30 weeks
Size of baby: He is now almost 3 pounds and measures 15.7 inches long - babycenter.com says about the size of a head of cabbage
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have a doctors appointment next week but last time I was up about 15 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Sticking to mostly dresses and LIGHT cotton clothes because it's been in the 90's for the past month!
Movement: Baby doesn't have as much room as he used to, but that doesn't mean he has slowed down at all!  He is squirming and kicking every hour which is to be expected at this point.  While on the plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Pittsburgh this past Friday I had my arms crossed resting on my belly and baby kicked so hard my right arm actually jumped.  It not only hurt, but startled me and I'm sure the person sitting next to me thought I was crazy when I let out a bit of a squeal :)
Sleep: I can't seem to get enough!  After traveling for 2 weeks straight I have been sleeping like a baby in my own bed.  For some reason the past two nights when I roll from one side to the other I hiccup (it's really bizarre), I think baby is causing acid reflux when I lie down.  The other thing I've noticed is that my hips are starting to hurt at night if I stay in one position for too long, most likely because at this point my ligaments are starting to loosen but who knows!
Symptoms: My tummy has been itching the last few days...I'm not sure if this is caused by my skin stretching or if I'm just simply itchy.  My belly button is popping even more than before, when I look down from the top I can see the top of my belly button poking out.  I had a long necklace on the other day that I had to take off because it would rub up against my belly button and it was seriously freaking me out/uncomfortable!  It's so hard to explain the feeling when something brushes what is usually on the inside and now poking out!  Also, as my tummy gets bigger my back goes out of whack quicker so my chiropractor has been a MIRACLE worker in the past few weeks as I'm sure she will continue to be until he finally comes!
What I miss: I miss being able to wear normal clothes and I miss being comfortable!  The other thing that I miss is having a nice cold glass of white wine when the weather is so steamy...it's pretty painful watching Dane enjoy a glass after work :/
Cravings: I still haven't had any real cravings - I'm working on eating as much protein and as much calcium as I can so that baby is smart and strong when he comes out. 
Best Moment this week: The best moment this week would have been sitting at my cubicle watching my tummy move back and forth as baby squirmed around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment