Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July National Sales Meeting

Twice a year in January and July our company travels for a National Sales Meeting.  After arriving home on a Sunday from Mexico, I managed to drag my butt into work on Monday and was BACK on a plane Wednesday for our meeting.  This year at the end of July they decided to send us to Hollywood, Florida...and surprisingly it was cooler in Florida than it was in Indiana when we left!

We arrived around 1pm with plenty of time to kill before our welcome dinner at 6:30 so NATURALLY our group went out to the pool bar to eat lunch and have a few drinks (I was really throwing back those waters!). 

View at Lunch time!

Who would have thought I would be at the beach twice in two weeks!?

Unfortunately they made this meeting shorter than usual only lasting from Wednesday through Saturday and I had a wedding in Pittsburgh planned so I had to leave early on Friday.  Don't you worry, I was there for the first day of meetings and most of the second day and good thing because this year's opening act was absolutely outrageous! (you can't tell, but I'm actually being VERY sarcastic).  Every year they have an opening act of some sort for our big meeting.  In Scottsdale they had an amazing Native American dancer come in and dance to drums and do some really fantastic stuff that was so fun to watch...this year was not as enjoyable.  There was a turn table on the stage as well as three musicians and the head of our group announced the act by saying that "because we were in the business of being creative, our opening act was a display of creativity"...
As soon as he walked away from the microphone the turn table started spinning and some SERIOUS house music or techno started pounding in the room so loud that the glasses on each table were shaking and moving!  The three musicians played along to the outrageously loud music with their violin, bass, and electric clarinet...and the best part came in waving his hands!  I thought he was a mime, but it turns out he was an artist they hired to paint to the insanely loud music.  The music was so insane and it lasted for such a long time I actually started to have a panic attack and almost walked out...baby was not loving it either!


All in all our meeting was great, I can never complain about an all expenses paid trip!  I left mid way through the last day of meetings to hop on a plane to Cleveland, OH and then on a little propeller plane from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.  I am not the world's greatest flier...but I managed to keep it together in the tiny plane!


No comments:

Post a Comment