Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kickin' It!

So according to the books and doctors you should be able to feel baby moving around inside anywhere between 15 and 20 weeks (first time mom's usually don't feel it until a little later).  My sister started feeling kicks around 15 weeks so I've been paying close attention for the past 2-3 weeks and NOTHING.  There were a few occasions where I thought...maayybbeee but I really wasn't sure. 

Well last night I finally laid down to go to sleep and when I rolled on my right side I felt a VERY distinct punch from the inside right below my belly button.  It startled me so I called Dane to the back and we waited to see if baby would kick again.  Of course once Dane left, the baby was wriggling and kicking up a storm for about 10 minutes.  I have to say it's the most amazing feeling in the world.  It's hard to explain to others that haven't experienced it, but there is a life inside that is moving and grooving!  Some people explain it as butterfly flutters...or feeling like gas bubbles, but last night it was a definite kick in the gut which put the biggest smile on my face! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment